9.24.2012

The Chrys series: Part 1 - Shiori Ningyo inspired ...

When my friend Chrys asked about my humble little card business a few days ago, I couldn't wait to get started. After all, I haven't had many reasons to be making cards this year.

Today's card is customized for Carrie, one of the newer staff members at Chrys's mum's childcare center who is turning 21. Carrie seems to be a fan of the colours pink and white, is very artistic (stress for me!) and is into Japanese martial arts (one tough chick definitely!).

So since little sumo wrestlers are not such a good idea and warrior chicks like Sailor Moon are out of the question (does Carrie even like manga?), the next thing I thought about was Japanese origami paper dolls. Digging through my stash of papers, I found some chiyogami and got started on my shiori ningyo (bookmark doll). My demure Japanese dolly has such a sweet face, I think it's cuteness overload! I added a golden fan for dolly to hold since her arms looked a bit bare.
The flowers from my chiyogami paper set the precedence for the flower theme. Dolly stands surrounded by flowers of all shapes and sizes, and even the card is cut (freehand) into a flower shape with a pink backdrop. I pretty much made it up as I went along. Very fun indeed!
And 21 is really a wonderful age to be - legally an adult with a whole new world ahead. Posting this off tomorrow ... hopefully I got my interpretation of Miss Carrie correct. :)

2 comments: