5.25.2012

Paper roses ...

My ever-loyal customer requested a card for her MIL. As usual, the only criteria is that the card needs to be customized to come from twins.

Since VV was heading up to Cameron Highlands over the weekend with her family, the first thing that came into my head was big and lovely roses. When I was a little girl, I remember reading one of the not-so-popular fairy tales called Snow White and Rose Red. It's about two sisters who save a bear (which happens to be a prince under a spell), who in turn saves the girls from an evil dwarf. Turns out the spell on the prince was cast by that same dwarf. Prince marries Snow White, his brother marries Rose Red, and everyone lives happily ever after. Don't you just love fairy tales?

So what better way to depict twin sisters than two roses - one yellow and one cyan (which happens to be their names). I so love hidden meanings! :)
Looks like my 3D flower craze is far from over. I had so much fun making these beauties.
Centering my colours around yellow and light blue, here is what I came up with. I think it's elegant and very simple but the roses pop up really nicely. Very happy with the outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment